HEAD, STRATEGY, ADVOCACY AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS (Lagos)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the role of Head – Strategy, Advocacy and Stakeholder Relations, a Director level position within the Institute critical to pushing our Advocacy and Recognition agenda.
In recent times, one of the key focus areas for the Institute has been leveraging external advocacy and stakeholder engagement at all levels to drive professional recognition and promote the value of HR professionals. Till date, we have recorded giant strides and laudable achievements but we recognize that we need to sustain the current trajectory and surpass our previous performance.
We encourage qualified applicants who meet the below listed requirements to see this opportunity not just as a job vacancy but as a platform to build the Institute of your dreams. Be a part of the CIPM you envision by either applying for the role or referring a professional you believe can deliver exceptional performance on the role.
Role: Head Strategy, Advocacy and Stakeholder Relations
Organization: Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM)
Reporting Line: Registrar/CEO
Supervises: Strategy and Program Delivery Officer, Stakeholder Management Officer and Public Policy and Advocacy Analyst
Key Relationships: External Clients, Internal Stakeholders, Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations, Professional Associations, Institutes and Organizations, Regulatory Organizations, Corporate Organizations, Educational Institutions, Committees, Examiners, Professional Members and other clients of the institute.
Job Summary: Drives the Institute’s strategy development and management process in conjunction with the CEO and Council. Develops and updates CIPMs governmental and legislative agenda and spearheads the Institute’s role in advocating this agenda with governments and legislators. Builds and maintains relationships with non-governmental Institutional stakeholders both within Nigeria and internationally to extend CIPM’s reach and influence.
- Manage the strategy development process for the Institute with a view to defining CIPM’s long-term content and research strategy, policy positions and overall organizational strategy.
- Identify and drive insights that should shape CIPM and the broader HR profession in Nigeria and beyond
- Identify public policy areas impacting on the HR profession and proactively develop policy positions on behalf of the Institute and profession.
- Championing such policy positions and creating and following up on “selling” opportunities to influence public policy outcomes.
- Ensure formal recognition of CIPM certification in the public sector employment policy and influence the development and adoption of standards of HR practice in the public sector.
- Championing CIPM influence in HR curricula of tertiary and other educational institutions.
- Establish and manage formal relationships with all relevant stakeholders including International HR professional bodies, Government and Non-Governmental Organizations, Corporate Organizations, etc and identify opportunities for meaningful interactions and exchanges.
- Special program development and delivery for stakeholders.
- Management of the team members of the department as well as financial transactions of the department.
Compensation: This role offers an attractive Compensation and Benefits suitable for an Executive Management role.
HEAD, CORPORATE AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS (Lagos)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the role of Head – Corporate and Marketing Communications, a Senior Management role at the Institute.
In recent times, the Institute has invested significantly in repositioning the CIPM Brand and Customer Experience by leveraging Technology and Digital Marketing Tools to engage with our members, prospective members and stakeholders. The Head – Corporate and Marketing Communications is at the forefront of our branding, communication and marketing and is critical to developing and sustaining a CIPM brand that resonates with our current and prospective stakeholders.
We therefore encourage qualified professionals with a deep understanding of and passion for Branding, Marketing and Communication Strategy to start the journey to joining our team by reading through the role requirements and applying for the role using the application details provided below.
Role: Head Corporate and Marketing Communications
Organization: Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM)
Reporting Line: Registrar/CEO
Supervises: Business Intelligence and Digital Media Analyst, Graphic Design and Social Media Analyst, Marketing and Public Affairs Analyst and Retailing Officer
Key Relationships: External Clients, Internal Stakeholders, Service Providers, Subject Matter Experts
Job Summary: Provide overall management of all marketing and branding, event management and retailing activities within the institute. Provide direct management of media and public relations, marketing communications/promotions, branding, online communications, public affairs, reputation management and external and corporate communication to increase sales productivity and brand value of CIPM.
Key Responsibility Areas
Marketing and Brand Management
• Build data report and trends to achieve and maintain competitive edge within the Professional services industry
• Work with cross-functional teams and department heads to develop and execute business plans related to growth and revenue generation (new markets, new channels and new businesses).
• Support and promote credible growth initiatives by executing regular market research analysis.
• Screen potential business deals by analyzing the market, examining risks and potentials, evaluating clauses in the contract and making recommendations to management.
• Grow customer loyalty by engaging in regular follow-up sessions to measure client satisfaction.
• Increase revenue from referrals of existing clients
• Develop the organizations brand and constantly promote positive brand awareness and visibility
• Work closely with line managers to develop marketing strategies, plans, and objectives to achieve the institute’s corporate and business objectives.
• Sell and make recommendations to prospective and existing clients of programs and services offered by the institute to resolve their business issues.
• Build and develop strong business relationships with prospective, new and existing clients/ stakeholders.
• Plan and organize promotional presentations to give effective representation of the institutes programs and services to all stakeholders.
• Act as custodian of the institutes brand identity and ensures brand alignment of all electronic and printed communications/materials, including corporate gifts and items (diaries, calendars etc)
Communication, Media and Event Management
• Traditional Media Management – Electronic (TV, Radio), Print (Newspaper). Interface with the press for broadcasts of the Institute’s high profile events / Content management of all media communications – TV adverts, radio jingles, newspapers etc .
• Manage Web Media Content – Blog/CIPM Website / Microsites for High Profile Events
• Provide public relations support / content development for Corporate Social Responsibility activities (Support the process of the successful execution of the Institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Career Fair & Entrepreneurship Fair / Annual Public Lecture)
• Create and distribute content for Mainstream Multimedia Marketing – New Media (Email, Digital - Blog, Online newspaper, Social Media)
• Manage communications via news media, e-newsletters, emails.
• Content management of brochures, and other similar publications of the Institute, all media communications – TV adverts, radio jingles, newspapers etc).
• Coordinate speech writing and Corporate Statements for all Institute events
• Interface with the press for broadcasts of the institute’s high profile events.
• Survey client needs and trends to achieve and maintain competitive edge in the Industry.
• Provide guidelines and approve key procedures for the execution of event management activities
• Approve work plans, schedules and budgets for event delivery management
• Set and monitor KPIs to measure effectiveness of event delivery
• Deliver all approved CIPM High profile event and activities within specified timelines and budgetary requirements at 90% post event evaluation positive customer satisfaction
• Support the process owners for the successful execution of the institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
• Develop and execute the retailing strategy of the institute to drive and support the overall mandate of CIPM
• Continually identify and explore new channels for institute related retailing including online channels
• Oversee the sales of CIPM branded souvenirs at all CIPM High Profile Events and Sales of study packs
Business Management and Development
• Develop strategies to achieve the vision of the Institute.
• Provide objective advice, expertise and specialist skills with the aim of creating value and maximising business performance of the Department and its clients.
• Identify and drive new business initiatives, boost sales/profit levels and oversee the departments financial performance
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the business through more effective process and people management.
• Ensure effective execution of the departments strategies and hitch free internal and external customer experience.
People and Resource Management
• In line with the Institutes Strategic Objectives, set strategic goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance return on project/learning investment and enhance the profile of the Institute.
• Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the Department is meeting its short-and long-term objectives
• Review the operating results and service standards of the Department & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
• Manage work relationships with service providers for seamless work flow
• Manage the departmental budget towards effective optimization of allocated resources
The Person: Marketing Communication Professional with a Bachelors degree and professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN), Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and/or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing; with a minimum of 10 years post-graduation experience, 3 of which has been spent leading the team on a similar role in a reputable organization.
SENIOR HR MANAGER ROLE
Job Summary: Existing Vacancy for an Experienced HR professional with competencies across all HR functional areas and proven practice in Policy Formulation and Enforcement, Structuring and Capability Building.
Ideal candidate should preferably have cognitive experience in the Banking, Insurance or Financial sector and also preferably have worked in a Group Company Structure, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at Managerial Level.
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1
Reporting Line: Reports directly to Managing Director, acts as Group HR.
Industry: Primarily Financial Sector, with other business concerns in Construction and Academics.
FARM MANAGER (OGUN STATE)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently sourcing for a qualified professional to fill the vacant role of Farm Manager for an international Non-Governmental Organization.
Role Summary: The successful candidate will be expected to have responsibility for the physical and financial management of the farm and shall therefore be required to be highly skilled and experienced in all aspects of the farm business including production, processing, storage, marketing and value chain activities. She/he will also be responsible for implementing the short, medium and long term business plans (as well as yearly review and updates) and be required to optimize the farm performance as a unit and the NGOs Nigeria Programme portfolio in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in the set-up and solely manage crop production and animal husbandry by using the latest precision farming concepts and principles, thus managing resources in a most efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborate with various farming communities and large/small business owners to develop partnerships for products created from farms.
- Arrange for transport to transfer crops and animals from field and vice versa.
- Collaborate with other relevant stakeholders in the training and coaching of individuals to carry out mechanized crop cultivation and standardized animal farm techniques.
- Collaborate with the other relevant stakeholders to conduct practical exposure/seminars for farmers within the area to give advice on health maintenance of livestock, cultivating techniques and financial planning.
- Planned, scheduled and monitored activities related to organic farming, etc
- Ensure the sustainability of the farm and update the business plan periodically together with other relevant stakeholders.
- At least an HND in Agricultural Science and minimum of five years’ cognate experience in integrated farm management.
- Proven ability in the Farm Management field in keeping with the size and complexity of this position.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to achieve targets and carry out organizational programmes, procedures and policies as applicable to this project.
- Strong ability to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff.
- Self-motivation and highly developed communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Accept the role as a manager within a corporate farming operation and work actively as a team member in developing and achieving organization objectives
- Promote and project a positive attitude towards the organization and its objectives
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT OFFICER & PUBLIC POLICY AND ADVOCACY ANALYST
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria is recruiting for these two roles mentioned above, please see details below:
1. Stakeholder Management Officer (Lagos)
Are you a great communicator with excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills? Do you have previous experience supporting organizations in building and maintaining relationships with government and non-governmental institutional stakeholders both within Nigeria and internationally to extend your organization’s reach and influence? If you answered yes to both questions, then the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) needs you!
In addition to your skills and experience highlighted above, you will be expected to have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and at least 5 years post-graduation experience in the HR function with strong Relationship Management Skills deployed across the private sector and key public-sector Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
2. Public Policy and Advocacy Analyst (Lagos/Abuja)
If advocacy is not just a job but something you are very passionate about and have at least 5 years post-graduation work experience in a similar role, then you should talk to us about supporting the Head SASR in developing and updating CIPM’s governmental and legislative agenda on human capital development in the nation and spearheading the Institute’s role in advocating this agenda with the government, private/public sector, non-governmental organizations and legislators.
If you are the person for us, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Policy, Human Resources Management, or other related discipline from a recognized institution with 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience with Human Resources, Development and/or Policy Projects. In addition, you will possess strong analytical, critical thinking and writing skills with the ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product. Membership of CIPM would be an added advantage.
These roles offer a competitive and attractive remuneration, an exciting and engaging work environment and an opportunity to contribute to building a sustainable future-oriented civil society!
Application closes April 16, 2018.
HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position of Human Resource Business Partner for a client in Real Estate Development.
The successful candidate will be required support the organisation’s management team in maintaining and enhancing the human resource operations by developing and enforcing vibrant human resource policies and processes within the scope of the HR Value Chain.
With a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant social science or business degree, you will also be expected to have 3 to 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the Construction or Manufacturing Industry. A working knowledge of relevant National Labour Laws is required for this role. Professional Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
HEAD, HUMAN RESOURCES
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position of Head Human Resources at a prestigious membership based recreational organization.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be required to lead and direct the HR team in the delivery of a comprehensive service across the HR Value Chain while developing an employee-oriented organization culture that emphasizes quality service, continuous improvement, development, engagement and high performance.
With a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary Institution, you will also be expected to have between 5 – 7 years post qualification experience in Human Resource Management with at least 2 years leading the HR Team and providing strategic HR advisory services to the Management Team. Professional Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMIN OFFICER AND HSE OFFICER
CIPM is currently recruiting to fill the following vacant positions for our client in the Manufacturing Sector located in Lagos.
A. Human Resource and Admin Officer
The Human Resource and Admin officer is to provide HR support services in the areas of Recruitment & Selection, Salary and Benefits Administration, Employee Welfare and Wellbeing, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Labour Law and HR legal compliance and other areas of the HR value chain while managing employee documentation and staff information management, supervision of clerical staff, office assistants and drivers in a manufacturing setting and other administrative responsibilities.
Minimum of 3 years post-graduation experience practising HR in a manufacturing organization and professional membership of CIPM
Method of Application
B. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
The HSE officer is to introduce safety procedures and practices while ensuring strict compliance such procedures. The officer will review and update the organizational HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazard, monitor hazardous and unsafe situations within the organization, develop measures to assure safety of staff and plan precautionary initiatives.
Minimum of 3 relevant work experience and certification/ training in HSE
1. Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in related degrees
2. Full working Knowledge of the Microsoft office package is required
3. Excellent communication and people management skills
4. Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills with good composure and presence of character are required for this role
Method of Application
HEAD, HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM Nigeria) is recruiting for the position of Head, Human Resources and Administration for a Lagos based client in the Information and Technology Sector to further strengthen its capacity to deliver value and quality service.
· The HR/Admin Manager will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, administrative policies, and programs as well as handle logistics and administrative activities within the office.
· Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
· Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures. You will be responsible for providing expert advice to internal customers on Human Resource issues, showing good judgement and understanding of the business.
· Contribute to performance of the Human Resource department through designing, producing and implementing HR policies and procedures and ensuring compliance by managers and company employees.
· Ensures that the company is adhering to budgeted manpower costs across all activities and influence reviews & approval/support justifications for exceeding budgeted manpower requirements.
The individual will be expected to have a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field, certified membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, at least 5 years post-graduation experience on a similar role in a reputable organization and hands-on experience in the use of HCM Software applications e.g. Oracle HCM
How to Apply
Wednesday, February 7, 2018