SENIOR HR MANAGER ROLE
Job Summary: Existing Vacancy for an Experienced HR professional with competencies across all HR functional areas and proven practice in Policy Formulation and Enforcement, Structuring and Capability Building.
Ideal candidate should preferably have cognitive experience in the Banking, Insurance or Financial sector and also preferably have worked in a Group Company Structure, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at Managerial Level.
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1
Reporting Line: Reports directly to Managing Director, acts as Group HR.
Industry: Primarily Financial Sector, with other business concerns in Construction and Academics.
FARM MANAGER (OGUN STATE)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently sourcing for a qualified professional to fill the vacant role of Farm Manager for an international Non-Governmental Organization.
Role Summary: The successful candidate will be expected to have responsibility for the physical and financial management of the farm and shall therefore be required to be highly skilled and experienced in all aspects of the farm business including production, processing, storage, marketing and value chain activities. She/he will also be responsible for implementing the short, medium and long term business plans (as well as yearly review and updates) and be required to optimize the farm performance as a unit and the NGOs Nigeria Programme portfolio in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in the set-up and solely manage crop production and animal husbandry by using the latest precision farming concepts and principles, thus managing resources in a most efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborate with various farming communities and large/small business owners to develop partnerships for products created from farms.
- Arrange for transport to transfer crops and animals from field and vice versa.
- Collaborate with other relevant stakeholders in the training and coaching of individuals to carry out mechanized crop cultivation and standardized animal farm techniques.
- Collaborate with the other relevant stakeholders to conduct practical exposure/seminars for farmers within the area to give advice on health maintenance of livestock, cultivating techniques and financial planning.
- Planned, scheduled and monitored activities related to organic farming, etc
- Ensure the sustainability of the farm and update the business plan periodically together with other relevant stakeholders.
- At least an HND in Agricultural Science and minimum of five years’ cognate experience in integrated farm management.
- Proven ability in the Farm Management field in keeping with the size and complexity of this position.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to achieve targets and carry out organizational programmes, procedures and policies as applicable to this project.
- Strong ability to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff.
- Self-motivation and highly developed communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Accept the role as a manager within a corporate farming operation and work actively as a team member in developing and achieving organization objectives
- Promote and project a positive attitude towards the organization and its objectives
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT OFFICER & PUBLIC POLICY AND ADVOCACY ANALYST
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria is recruiting for these two roles mentioned above, please see details below:
1. Stakeholder Management Officer (Lagos)
Are you a great communicator with excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills? Do you have previous experience supporting organizations in building and maintaining relationships with government and non-governmental institutional stakeholders both within Nigeria and internationally to extend your organization’s reach and influence? If you answered yes to both questions, then the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) needs you!
In addition to your skills and experience highlighted above, you will be expected to have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and at least 5 years post-graduation experience in the HR function with strong Relationship Management Skills deployed across the private sector and key public-sector Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
2. Public Policy and Advocacy Analyst (Lagos/Abuja)
If advocacy is not just a job but something you are very passionate about and have at least 5 years post-graduation work experience in a similar role, then you should talk to us about supporting the Head SASR in developing and updating CIPM’s governmental and legislative agenda on human capital development in the nation and spearheading the Institute’s role in advocating this agenda with the government, private/public sector, non-governmental organizations and legislators.
If you are the person for us, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Policy, Human Resources Management, or other related discipline from a recognized institution with 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience with Human Resources, Development and/or Policy Projects. In addition, you will possess strong analytical, critical thinking and writing skills with the ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product. Membership of CIPM would be an added advantage.
These roles offer a competitive and attractive remuneration, an exciting and engaging work environment and an opportunity to contribute to building a sustainable future-oriented civil society!
Application closes April 16, 2018.
HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position of Human Resource Business Partner for a client in Real Estate Development.
The successful candidate will be required support the organisation’s management team in maintaining and enhancing the human resource operations by developing and enforcing vibrant human resource policies and processes within the scope of the HR Value Chain.
With a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant social science or business degree, you will also be expected to have 3 to 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the Construction or Manufacturing Industry. A working knowledge of relevant National Labour Laws is required for this role. Professional Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
HEAD, HUMAN RESOURCES
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position of Head Human Resources at a prestigious membership based recreational organization.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be required to lead and direct the HR team in the delivery of a comprehensive service across the HR Value Chain while developing an employee-oriented organization culture that emphasizes quality service, continuous improvement, development, engagement and high performance.
With a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary Institution, you will also be expected to have between 5 – 7 years post qualification experience in Human Resource Management with at least 2 years leading the HR Team and providing strategic HR advisory services to the Management Team. Professional Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMIN OFFICER AND HSE OFFICER
CIPM is currently recruiting to fill the following vacant positions for our client in the Manufacturing Sector located in Lagos.
A. Human Resource and Admin Officer
The Human Resource and Admin officer is to provide HR support services in the areas of Recruitment & Selection, Salary and Benefits Administration, Employee Welfare and Wellbeing, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Labour Law and HR legal compliance and other areas of the HR value chain while managing employee documentation and staff information management, supervision of clerical staff, office assistants and drivers in a manufacturing setting and other administrative responsibilities.
Minimum of 3 years post-graduation experience practising HR in a manufacturing organization and professional membership of CIPM
Method of Application
B. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
The HSE officer is to introduce safety procedures and practices while ensuring strict compliance such procedures. The officer will review and update the organizational HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazard, monitor hazardous and unsafe situations within the organization, develop measures to assure safety of staff and plan precautionary initiatives.
Minimum of 3 relevant work experience and certification/ training in HSE
1. Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in related degrees
2. Full working Knowledge of the Microsoft office package is required
3. Excellent communication and people management skills
4. Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills with good composure and presence of character are required for this role
Method of Application
HEAD, HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM Nigeria) is recruiting for the position of Head, Human Resources and Administration for a Lagos based client in the Information and Technology Sector to further strengthen its capacity to deliver value and quality service.
· The HR/Admin Manager will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, administrative policies, and programs as well as handle logistics and administrative activities within the office.
· Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
· Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures. You will be responsible for providing expert advice to internal customers on Human Resource issues, showing good judgement and understanding of the business.
· Contribute to performance of the Human Resource department through designing, producing and implementing HR policies and procedures and ensuring compliance by managers and company employees.
· Ensures that the company is adhering to budgeted manpower costs across all activities and influence reviews & approval/support justifications for exceeding budgeted manpower requirements.
The individual will be expected to have a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field, certified membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, at least 5 years post-graduation experience on a similar role in a reputable organization and hands-on experience in the use of HCM Software applications e.g. Oracle HCM
How to Apply
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
HEAD, FUND DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATION (LAGOS/ABUJA)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting for a Head of Fund Development and Communication (FDC) at an International Child oriented NGO with details as follows:
The overview of responsibility of the Head of FDC is to effectively manage the FDC department to increase funding and sponsorship opportunities by providing strategic direction which includes corporate fundraising; individual fundraising; local and international sponsorships; institutional partnership development; marketing and communications and data management and analysis.
· Define, implement and fulfil the middle-term FDC strategy in line with the organizations Strategic Plan; conduct research and analyze trends to conceptualize and formulate innovative ideas for new opportunities for the FDC department
· Position the organization as a strong and consistent brand among existing and potential supporters in line with the vision, mission and values of the organization
· Shape, manage and drive the implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support for our brand and improved visibility
· Manage fundraisers’ targets and activities monthly, compile and submit FDC reports as well as provide input into the annual budget through feasibility calculations
· Provide strong leadership and direction to team, set medium to long-term goals/objectives for teams, monitor implementation and foster national capacity building in all areas of fundraising
· At least a first degree in marketing, sales, business admin, international business development and a minimum of 10 years’ experience and 3-5 years managerial experience
· Understanding of NGO’s operations, best practices and market trends
· Understanding of the child and youth development principles [acquire on the job]
· Knowledge of programmes in an NGO environment, strong negotiation, communication and networking skills and knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation
· Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and craft successful funding proposals
· Experience with website and newsletter production and message development
· Understanding of ethical behaviour and business practices and especially in relation to work with OVC
· Strong computer skills – competent with MS office suite, WordPress, Photoshop and design/layout software
Method of Application
This position offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an opportunity to make a difference to the successful candidate. Application closes on Tuesday August 22, 2017.